Michigan.gov Home Michigan Auto Lost & Found Home | SOS Home | FAQ | Online Services | Contact SOS

Vehicle Identification Number
Agency ORI Number


Instructions for Owners
Replacement TR-52L Form
Certificate of Scrapping
Custodian Disposition
Search for a vehicle
How to find the VIN, HIN, or Serial Number
Glossary of Terms

Law enforcement agencies are mailed a TR-52L Bill of Sale form by the Secretary of State after reporting an abandoned vehicle through LEIN. The TR-52L form is used as a bill of sale when you or your agent disposes of the abandoned vehicle. The vehicle and owner information will be preprinted on the form.

To receive a replacement TR-52L form for an abandoned vehicle, enter the vehicle's VIN and the agency's ORI in the fields to the left and submit.

- If the VIN is found on file, the TR-52L will be mailed to the agency that has jurisdiction over the vehicle. Please allow two weeks for delivery.
- If no record of the VIN is found on file, check and re-enter the information. If a match is still not found, please contact the Department of State Information Center at 1-888-SOS-MICH (1-888-767-6424).

Michigan.gov Home  |  SOS Home  |  Site Map  |  FAQ  |  Online Services  |  Forms & Resources  |  Contact SOS
Privacy Policy  |  Link Policy  |  Accessibility Policy  |  Security Policy

Copyright © 2013 State of Michigan