Michigan.gov Home Michigan Auto Lost & Found Home | SOS Home | FAQ | Online Services | Contact SOS

Select Search Type:
Vehicle Identification Number

Instructions for Owners
Replacement TR-52L Form
Certificate of Scrapping
Custodian Disposition
Search for a vehicle
How to find the VIN, HIN, or Serial Number
Glossary of Terms

You may use this Web site to locate a vehicle taken into custody after it was deemed to be abandoned on public or private property.

To begin, select your search type, enter either the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or license plate number and click "Submit." The VIN can be found on the vehicle's title, registration or certificate of insurance.

If the vehicle is located, results will display the year, make and VIN of the abandoned vehicle, where it was found, the date it was taken into custody, and where it is being held. Vehicle owner information is not included.

Michigan.gov Home  |  SOS Home  |  Site Map  |  FAQ  |  Online Services  |  Forms & Resources  |  Contact SOS
Privacy Policy  |  Link Policy  |  Accessibility Policy  |  Security Policy

Copyright © 2013 State of Michigan